- Legal regulation of changes in the amount of child support payments
- What documents are needed to change the amount of alimony?
- What are the reasons for reducing the amount of child support?
- What are the reasons for increasing the amount of child support?
- How do I apply to change the amount of child support?
- What is the minimum amount of child support and how does it change?
- Lawyer services to increase and decrease the amount of alimony
- Frequently asked questions to a family lawyer
Legal regulation of changes in the amount of child support payments
The regulation of the increase and decrease in the amount of alimony payments occurs according to the IC of Ukraine.
In Art. 192 indicates that the established amount of alimony can be changed at the request of one of the parties – the payer or recipient of payments.
In most cases, the payer is interested in a decrease in the amount of payments, and an increase in the amount of payments for a child is of interest to the recipient.
What documents are needed to change the amount of alimony?
In order to increase or decrease the amount of payments for the provision of children, the following documents should be prepared:
- photocopy of passport or ID-card and registration;
- a photocopy of a document certifying the conclusion or dissolution of marriage;
- a photocopy of the certificate indicating the composition of the family;
- a photocopy of the birth certificate of the child / children;
- a photocopy of the taxpayer card (TIN);
- the decision of the judicial authorities on the recovery of alimony;
- a receipt confirming the payment of the court fee;
- evidence confirming the possibility or necessity of changing the amount of the alimony payments.
All photocopies of these documents are submitted in the number of participants in the trial:
- the payer’s side;
- the recipient’s side;
- judicial authorities;
- other recipients of alimony.
The number of participants in a court case to change the amount of alimony depends on individual circumstances, and may vary for each individual family.
What are the reasons for reducing the amount of child support?
In order to apply for a change in the amount of alimony downward, there must be compelling circumstances that will be documented.
Such grounds may be:
- change in the material condition of the alimony payer for the worse;
- the number of dependents in the payer’s family has increased;
- the payer started to pay child support to another child;
- the health condition of the payer or his family members has deteriorated;
- the child’s stay on the material support of the state or public organization;
- the payer has lost the ability to work.
In order for the court to make a decision to reduce the amount of alimony, evidence of these circumstances should be provided. Such evidence must be convincing.
To do this, you will need the help of a good lawyer who will prepare the necessary documents and evidence to resolve the case in your favor.
What are the reasons for increasing the amount of child support?
To increase the amount of alimony, it is necessary to prove the possibility and necessity of such a change.
The grounds for increasing the amount may be:
- improving the health of the payer;
- change in marital status (for example, other children of the payer have reached the age of 18);
- restoration of the payer’s working capacity;
- improving the financial situation of the payer;
- the payer stopped making alimony payments to other children;
- deterioration in the health of a child receiving child support.
The increase in the amount of alimony must also be confirmed by evidence, as in the case of a decrease in the amount of payments for the maintenance of children.
How do I apply to change the amount of child support?
To increase and decrease the amount of alimony payments, you must contact the court authorities and submit a completed statement of claim. Depending on who submits the application, the jurisdiction of the specified case depends.
When filing a claim, the child support payer should contact the judicial authorities at the place of residence of the parent who receives the support.
When a parent who lives with a child submits an application, you can go to court both at your place of residence and at the place of residence of the person who makes the payments.
What is the minimum amount of child support and how does it change?
It is also possible to change the amount of alimony upwards if the payer pays a certain amount of money every month. That is, alimony is paid in hard currency.
In this case, the amount of alimony is calculated from the amount of the subsistence minimum.
The minimum amount of alimony is 30 percent of the minimum subsistence level for a child of the appropriate age.
Since the amount of the subsistence minimum increases annually, the amount of child support payments may increase every year.
In order to increase payments for child support, you must contact the state executor to recalculate the amount of payments for child support.
Lawyer services to increase and decrease the amount of alimony
In most cases, the resolution of issues on reducing or increasing the amount of payments for a child is characterized by the presence of disputes and disagreements between the parents / guardians.
This is due to the fact that each side protects its own interests, which may not always coincide with the interests of the child.
Each of the parties has its own circumstances affecting the process of resolving the case on increasing or decreasing the amount of alimony.
In order to take into account the interests of the child and each of the parties during the trial, as well as resolve all disagreements, you should seek help from a lawyer in the field of family law.
A good lawyer will help you resolve all issues arising in the process of litigation and achieve your goal in the shortest possible time.
Frequently asked questions to a family lawyer
Tags of the site divorce.com.ua: decrease in alimony, decrease in alimony, decrease in child support, application for decrease in alimony, increase in alimony, increase in alimony, application for increase in alimony, increase in alimony sample, amount of alimony, amount of alimony in 2020 , alimony for a child in 2020, the amount, the amount of alimony for 1 child, the minimum amount of alimony.
Useful site materials divorce.com.ua:
- Recovery of alimony for an adult in Ukraine
- Recovery of alimony for parents and wife in Ukraine
- Method of appointment and arrears of alimony in Ukraine
- Alimony in firm cash in Ukraine
- Procedure for collecting alimony in Ukraine
- Application for the recovery of child support in Ukraine
- Reducing and increasing the amount of child support in Ukraine